Shipping Armoured Vehicles
You just purchased your next armoured vehicle from International Armoring Corporation. You have waited days for the vehicles to be ready and now the moment arrives when the newly armoured vehicle needs to be shipped. At International Armoring, technology and quality are behind everything we do. We start by building the lightest and most protective armored vehicles we can build and that benefits every other phase.
- Strongest armor available
- OEM finish and experience
- Lower shipping costs
- Less maintenance on the vehicle
- Better overall performance
- Look and feel of the vehicle
Does International Armoring offer door-to-door service?
Yes. In fact, we are able to offer pick-up and delivery methods in order to best fit your needs and budget from various shipping agents that we work with. Most cases internationally we ship the vehicles to the ports and our clients have other agents bring their vehicles to their door but we offer this services as well.
Vehicle Shipping Pick-Up and Delivery Options:
- Door to Door – Our carrier will pick up your vehicle from your old location and deliver it to your new one.
- Door to Terminal – We will pick up your vehicle from your original location and deliver it to our terminal closest to your destination. Then you will pick it up from us there.
- Terminal to Door – You will drop off at our terminal and we will deliver to you, at your final destination.
- Terminal to Terminal – You will drop off and pick up from our terminals. This is usually the most inexpensive choice.
What if I am not able to pick up my vehicle the day it arrives at its destination?
Typically, ports offer a grace period during which time they will hold your vehicle for free. After the grace period ends, they may begin assessing storage fees. The grace periods for some of our busiest ports of call are listed below. You can ask our customer service representative for the grace period at your port, if it is not on this list.
For vehicles shipped overland from one of our terminals to another, our helpful customer service team can tell you the grace period at each terminal, if needed.
Do I pay for auto transport before or after shipment?
Please contact us regarding specific orders but in most cases payment is required on all vehicles before they are shipped.
How far in advance should I schedule my vehicle shipment?
Regardless of the season, we recommend that you begin planning your vehicle shipment as soon as possible. That way we can ensure delivery within your exact timeframe.
If you need immediate pickup, our trusted carriers are usually able to offer pickup within 24 hours.
Do I need to do anything special to prepare my car for this move?
Yes. There are several easy steps necessary to prepare your armoured vehicle for transport
We help with the following to safely load and unload your vehicle:
- one set of ALL keys for the vehicle;
- no less than ¼-tank of gas, but no more than a ½-tank;
- at least four inches (4”) of ground clearance;
- driver’s side door and window in proper working condition;
- battery secure in the mounting bracket;
- working brakes, and emergency brake if manual transmission;
- no fluid leaks as damage caused will result in additional charges; and
- please let us know of any modifications made to your vehicle, such as 4×4 lift kits, lowered suspensions, camper tops, and so on.
At the destination point, you or your representative must be present to receive the vehicle from the carrier. Again, take time to carefully inspect the vehicle.
If you find any new scratches, dents, dings, or other damage, please note them on the bill of lading with an exact description. We recommend taking another set of photos at the destination, especially if you discover new damage.
Please note that the odometer reading may have changed slightly due to loading, unloading, storage, and parking. Make note on the bill of lading if the mileage has increased more than nominally.
After the inspection at the destination point, you or your representative will confirm the condition report by signing the bill of lading.
If you have any questions about shipping armoured vehicles, please call us at +801-393-1075 and we will assist you right away.