A little history…
A little history about our company that was founded in 1993. Started in Ogden, Utah, International Armoring Corporation (IAC) between 1993-2013 has manufactured over 8,000+ vehicles, over 130 different models and delivered them to over 50 different countries. Included in that list over 40 different Heads of State, the U.S. Government, the Pope, many of the fortune 500 companies as well as numerous other prominent world figures.
Founded based on using the most technologically advanced materials and methods. IAC became the premier armored passenger vehicle manufacturer with the advent of Armormax®. IAC’s vehicles are better protected, lighter, and maintain their original appearance. IAC continues to be at the forefront of technology, design and processes which has allowed the company to expand to countries where demand is the greatest. All design and material preparation is still done in the company’s worldwide headquarters in Ogden, Utah and then shipped to its foreign facilities for installation by IAC trained technicians under the watchful direction of U.S. management.
- In 1993, IAC invented the lightest armoring in the industry – Armormax® – a synthetic fiber laminate – reducing added weight by 40% – 60%
- In 1994, IAC invented a revolutionary all curved 1” – 3” rebated transparent ballistic glass that maintains the original appearance.
- In 1998, IAC created the curved overlap protection system, known as Elitus®, that provides even greater passenger compartment protection.
- In 2002, IAC partnered with Ford Motor Company (for 3 years) to design and produce the Lincoln Town Car BPS armored vehicles – meeting all DOT requirements, including crash tests.
- In 2004, IAC designed and produced (at the request of the U.S. Government) 1,500 in-the-field, installable armored kits for Hummers (including IED fragmentation floor “blankets”). IAC trained the U.S. Military on installation techniques in the Kuwait facility and delivered kits to Iraq – saving over 200 lives to date.
- In 2006 IAC’s President and CEO receives Ernst & Young’s prestigious “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- In 2007 the kit concept was implemented internationally at many of IAC’s in-country facilities – enabling IAC to stay cost effective with foreign competition.
- In 2007 IAC built its 5,000th vehicle
- In 2008 IAC selected as the U.S. Government’s “Sub-contractor of the Year”
- In 2009 developed and implemented the “Weld Free™” armored protection package. (Also, vehicle 6,000 was also completed)
- In 2010, IAC completed an order of 728 vehicles for a foreign client.
- In January of 2011 signed contract to build 750 armored passenger vehicles for an international security firm
- June 2011 Received, for the eighth year in a row, “Best of State” Manufacturing
- September 2011 International “Peoples Choice Award” beating out GM and Tata Motors
- January 1, 2012 Begin production in new 30,000 s/f manufacturing building in Centerville, Utah
- July 2012 International “Manufacturer of the Year” Award – Only one awarded internationally